The INCIT-EV project »Large demonstratIoN of user CentrIc urban and long-range charging solutions to boosT an engaging deployment of Electric Vehicles in Europe« will demonstrate the use of innovative set of charging infrastructure and technologies and its associated business models.
5 demo environments at urban, peri-urban and extra-urban conditions will be ready for the deployment of 7 use cases, addressing:
- Smart and bi-directional charging optimized at different aggregation levels;
- Dynamic wireless charging lane in an urban area;
- Dynamic wireless charging for long distance;
- Charging Hub in a park&ride facility;
- Superfast charging systems for EU corridors;
- Low power DC bidirectional charging infrastructure for EVs, including two-wheelers;
- Opportunity wireless charging for taxi queue lanes in airports & central stations.
The INCIT-EV project is designed according with the concept of integral development of infrastructure for mass charging of electric vehicles E8. The concept, which was developed by Eles’s experts, emphasizes the importance of positive electric vehicle user experience, which of course includes simple, intuitive and user-friendly charging, which brings societal benefits as well as benefits for the entire electric power system. In one of the Work-Packages with strong involvement from ELES, the partners will develop an application and services for managing, control and optimization of charging infrastructure in order to provide user friendly charging and driving of electric vehicles. Therefore it will be necessary to ensure the maximum acceptance of electric vehicles, reduce the cost of charging infrastructure management and reduce the impact of the rapid spread of e-mobility on electric power system. The project will seek the emergence of EV users’ unconscious preferences relying on latest neuroscience techniques to adapt the technological developments to the users’ subjective expectations. Based on the obtained results, the partners will prepare recommendations that will serve as a starting point for the design and development of user-friendly charging infrastructure for decision-makers and e-mobility industry.
The ELES company, as a member of an international consortium, is actively participating in the INCIT-EV project, which is being funded by the European Commission through the Horizon 2020 programme. The project will last 48 months and will involve 33 partners from 8 countries.
- Duration: 2020 – 2023
- Project value: EUR 18.6 million (co-funded by the European Commission in the amount of EUR 15 million)
- Value of ELES's activities: EUR 376.000 (co-funded by the European Commission in the amount of EUR 263.200)
- Source of funding: Horizon 2020 programme (European Commission)
- Partners: RENAULT SAS (coordinator), COMMUNE DE PARIS, INSTITUT VEDECOM, FONDATION PARTENARIAL MOV'EOTEC, INSTITUT FRANCAIS DES SCIENCES ET TECHNOLOGIES DES TRANSPORTS, DE L'AMENAGEMENT ET DES RESEAUX, PSA ID, COLAS SA, EUROVIA MANAGEMENT, ENEDIS, AYUNTAMIENTO DE ZARAGOZA, FUNDACION CIRCE CENTRO DE INVESTIGACION DE RECURSOS Y CONSUMOS ENERGETICOS, IDNEO TECHNOLOGIES SAU, INGENIERIA Y TECNICA DEL TRASNPORTE TRIA SA, COMUNE DI TORINO, FONDAZIONE LINKS - LEADING INNOVATION & KNOWLEDGE FOR SOCIETY, POLITECNICO DI TORINO, IREN SPA, PRIMA ELECTRO SPA, FPT INDUSTRIAL SPA, PROVINCE NOORD-HOLLAND, GREENFLUX ASSETS B.V., WE DRIVE SOLAR, PitPoint.EV B.V., ESTI ENERGIA AKTSIASELTS, EV CHARGED B.V., UNIVERZA V LJUBLJANI, ATOS SPAIN SA, BIT & BRAIN TECHNOLOGIES SL, QI ENERGY ASSESSMENT SL, ASSOCIATION EUROPEENNE DES VEHICULES ELECTRIQUES ROUTIERS, BURSA BUYUKSEHIR BELEDIYESI, STADTWERKE NORDERNEY GMBH, ELES, RED ELECTRICA DE ESPANA
- Participating countries: Slovenia, France, Italy, Spain, The Netherlands, Estonia, Turkey, Germany
- ELES's role: participation in six Work-Packages with the emphasis on the Work-Package 6 »INCIT-EV platform for charging infrastructure planning and services provider development«
- Website: www.incit-ev.eu