The TDX-ASSIST Project is a three-year international project incorporating 12 partners from 6 countries including two transmission system operators (TSO), two distribution system operators (DSO), the European Network of Electricity Transmission Operators (ENTSO E), technological companies and research institutions. The project is valued at EUR 4.2 million and is financed from the Horizon 2020 European programme. The project encompasses six work packages (WP), where ELES as a cooperating partner collaborates in three WPs.
The main goal of the TDX-ASSIST Project aims at designing and developing new, modern and safe ITC tools and techniques that enable information and data exchange among different stakeholders within the electricity sector (TSO, DSO, participants in the electricity market). The project emphasises the establishment of interoperability between TSO and DSO, safety and flexibility of systems for including new users and increasing the scope of data and information.
A demonstration environment will be set up within the scope of the TDX-ASSIST Project, which will include ELES and Elektro Gorenjska. The demonstration environment will include management system control centres for the transmission and distribution networks, connections via ICT infrastructure, system integration (CIM semantic model) and the use of various communication protocols and standards (MQTT, OPC UA).
The expected outcome of joint collaboration features mutual benefits in the operation of the electric power system in real time and offering ancillary system services or joint optimisation of the network on the transmission and distribution level.
- Duration: 2017 – 2020
- Project value: EUR 4.2 million (co-financed by the European Commission in the value of EUR 4.2 million)
- Value of ELES's activities: EUR 147,375
- Source of funding: Horizon 2020 Programme (European Commission)
- Partners: BRUNEL UNIVERSITY LONDON, EDF, FRAUNHOFER, REN, OFFIS EV, ENTSO-E, R&D NESTER, EDP, EIMV, ELES, ELEKTRO GORENJSKA, INESC TEC
- Collaborating countries: Great Britain, France, Germany, Portugal, Belgium, Slovenia
- ELES's role: Collaboration in three project work packages, with an emphasis on the fourth work package - WP4: “The development, testing and assessment of TSO-DSO data interactions by using adaptable and safe tools”
- Website: http://www.tdx-assist.eu/