In the framework of »OneNet – One Network for Europe« project 72 partners from 21 states will look for a solution for coordinated cross-border operation of TSO’s and DSO’s networks, while enabling new flexibility markets.
The goal of OneNet is to develop an open and flexible architecture that will help to transform the actual European electricity system, which is often managed in a fragmented country- or area-level way, into a pan-European smarter and more efficient one, where market and network technical operations are reciprocally coordinated closer to real time i) among them, ii) across different countries iii) while maximizing the consumer capabilities to participate in an open market structure.
ELES will lead the work package 10 “Eastern Cluster Demonstration”. Partners from Check Republic, Hungary, Poland, and Slovenia will develop and extend capabilities of existing flexibility market platforms for TSO and DSO grid services using varied flexibility providers, which will be standardized to an appropriate European format. Focus will be on coordinated activation of flexibility services for congestion management and balancing (TSO, DSO), which will be achieved by establishing a combined and digitalized TSO-DSO flexibility process for balancing, congestion management and other ancillary services, commonly procured and activated to deliver services for TSOs and DSOs. The cluster will address these services as standardized products provided in market-based environment.
For three years of work within the project, Slovenian partners (ELES, GEN-I, Elektro Ljubljana, Elektro Celje, Elektro Gorenjska, Elektroinštitut Milan Vidmar, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Ljubljana) were granted more than one million euros of European funds.
A great achievement in the European space is also the appointment of ELES as an innovation manager which duties are to ensure that the project innovation objectives are met.
- Duration:: October 2020 – September 2023
- Project value: EUR 28 million (co-funded by the European Commission in the amount of EUR 22.1 million)
- Value of ELES's activities: EUR 490.000 (co-funded by the European Commission in the amount of EUR 343.000)
- Source of funding: Horizon 2020 programme (European Commission)
- Partners: FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FOERDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG (co-ordinator), EDP DISTRIBUICAO ENERGIA, RHEINISCH-WESTFAELISCHE TECHNISCHE HOCHSCHULE AACHEN, UBITECH ENERGY, VLAAMSE INSTELLING VOOR TECHNOLOGISCH ONDERZOEK, ENGINEERING - INGEGNERIA INFORMATICA, EUROPEAN DYNAMICS LUXEMBOURG, EMPOWER , ETHNIKO KAI KAPODISTRIAKO PANEPISTIMIO ATHINON, ELES, UNIVERSIDAD PONTIFICIA COMILLAS, EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE, EUROPEAN DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM OPERATORS FOR SMART GRIDS, EUROPEAN NETWORK OF TRANSMISSION SYSTEM OPERATORS FOR ELECTRICITY, AKCIJU SABIEDRIBA AUGSTSPRIEGUMA TIKLS, ELEKTRILEVI, ELENIA, ELERING, LLC Energijos Skirstymo Operatorius, FINGRID, LITGRID, Nord Pool, Piclo, Akciju sabiedriba "Sadales Tikls", VATTENFALL, CYBERNETICA, DIACHEIRISTIS ELLINIKOU DIKTYOU DIANOMIS ELEKTRIKIS ENERGEIAS, INDEPENDENT POWER TRANSMISSION OPERATOR, MYTILINAIOS ANONIMI ETAIREIA, Energoinfo Group-SciNet, UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS, DIACHEIRISTIS SYSTIMATOS METAFORAS, ARCHI ILEKTRISMOU KYPROU, CINTECH SOLUTIONS, I-DE REDES ELECTRICAS INTELIGENTESSA, UNION FENOSA DISTRIBUCION, RTE RESEAU DE TRANSPORT D'ELECTRICITE, ENEDIS, REN, INESC TEC, INSTITUTO PARA LA DIVERSIFICACION Y AHORRO DE LA ENERGIA, OMI-POLO ESPAÑOL, CENTRO DE INVESTIGACAO EM ENERGIA REN, CEPS, ENERGA OPERATOR, POLSKIE SIECI ELEKTROENERGETYCZNE SPOLKA AKCYJNA, Enspirion Spolka z Ograniczona Odpowiedzialnoscia, NARODOWE CENTRUM BADAN JADROWYCH, NKM ARAMHALOZATI, PSE INNOWACJE SPOLKA Z OGRANICZONA ODPOWIEDZIALNOSCIA, BUDAPESTI MUSZAKI ES GAZDASAGTUDOMANYI EGYETEM, CEZ DISTRIBUCE, CEZ ESCO, ELEKTRO CELJE, E.ON Distribuce, E.ON Energie, ELEKTRO GORENJSKA PODJETJE ZA DISTRIBUCIJO ELEKTRICNE ENERGIJE, Elektroinstitut Milan Vidmar, ELEKTRO LJUBLJANA, UNIVERZA V LJUBLJANI, GEN-I, MAVIR, MOBILITY ENERGY INNOVATIONS, SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC, Unicorn Systems, VYSOKE UCENI TECHNICKE V BRNE, TRANSITION TECHNOLOGIES, E.ON DEL-DUNANTULI ARAMHALOZATI ZARTKORUEN MUKODO RESZVENYTARSASAG, EPRI EUROPE DAC, RESCOOP, ENERGY EFFICIENCY IN INDUSTRIAL PROCESSES, ENERCOUTIM - ASSOCIACAO EMPRESARIALDE ENERGIA SOLAR DE ALCOUTIM
- Participating countries: Belgium, Check Republic, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
- ELES's role: Work package 10 leader
- Website: www.onenet-project.eu