ELES is announcing an open call for the best project proposal for reducing losses in the electricity grid. The deadline for submission is 15.9.2023 up until 13:00.
ELES is responsible for the network's safe and efficient operation, maintenance, and economic development. One way to achieve savings is by optimizing losses in the transmission system. Losses occur in various network devices, such as transmission lines, transformers, and FACTS devices, and vary by operational points, weather conditions, power flows, voltage magnitude, conductor types, and measurement inaccuracies. Losses are often viewed as unavoidable outcomes of investments and operational measures.
However, ELES investigates possibilities that future investments and operational measures should consider economically optimal ways to reduce losses due to their indirect impact on company revenues. Actions to minimize losses can be categorized as planning measures and operational measures. Operational measures involve using existing equipment more efficiently, while planning measures focus on incorporating loss minimization into the planning process. This includes improving maintenance methodologies, enhancing cost-benefit analysis for new devices, and exploring innovative ideas of smart control using advanced algorithms and AI. These measures can be implemented at specific voltage levels for certain time frames, and their scope can also vary from local to international cooperation. Considering the financial investment required versus the expected return is essential when implementing these measures.
- 20.7.2023 – 15.9.2023: deadline for applicants to send a brief description of their solution.
- 15.9.2023 – 30.9.2023: initial evaluation of the received applications
- 1.10.2023 – 31.10.2023: ELES picks the most promising candidates. Those are invited to submit a comprehensive company profile and proposal to work with ELES
- 31.10.2023 – 7.11.2023: evaluations of the applications for the invitation to the third, final stage
- 30.11.2023 - ELES picks the final top ten companies to present their solutions at a virtual pitch
Tender documentation is available here.